Frequently Asked Questions
What types of loans do you offer? Who qualifies?
The Loan Fund offers financing options to Nonprofit, 501(c)3 organizations registered in the state of New Mexico
|We DO finance:
||We DON'T finance:|
Does The Loan Fund offer personal or individual loans or grants?
Does The Loan Fund offer grants to nonprofit organizations?
We do not offer grants; all our loans must be repaid.
What are the typical loan terms, interest rates, and repayment plans?
The Loan Fund offers flexible payment schedules, and we review each loan application on a case-by-case basis.
Our typical loan rates and terms are:
- Interest rates: 7-10%
- Amount: $5,000-$500,000. Higher dollar amounts available on case-by-case basis.
- Terms: 1 to 10 years for most; 15-20 year amortizations for real estate-based loans.
- Fees: For loans up to $100,000, 2% of the loan amount
- For loans greater than $100,000, 1.5% of the loan amount
- For lines of credit, 2% of the loan amount
- For 504 loans, 2% of the loan amount
How do I get started?
To talk with one of our loan officers, call us at (505) 243-3196 or fill out our Loan Inquiry Form
How long does it take to get a loan?
The length of the loan process varies based on when your loan officer receives the appropriate documentation.
Typically, it takes three to four weeks to close the loan once all information is received.
What if I want to pay more than my monthly payment? Pay off my loan early?
There is no penalty for either.
I don’t think The Loan Fund is right for me. Where else can I go?